Here’s what you need to know about using the Glasfit website.
Glasfit provides the Glasfit website subject to the user’s compliance with the terms and conditions stated below. Please read this before accessing the Glasfit site. By accessing the Glasfit site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use the Glasfit site.
While visiting the Glasfit site, you may not:
- post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Glasfit site in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Glasfit site or the Internet;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through the Glasfit site which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works with respect hereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder.
Glasfit has no obligation to monitor the Glasfit site. However, you agree that Glasfit has the right to monitor the Glasfit site electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Glasfit site properly, or to protect itself or its users. Glasfit will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private electronic-mail message unless required by law. Glasfit reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this agreement.
Glasfit cannot ensure or guarantee privacy for Glasfit users. It is therefore recommended that this service not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any such use shall be at the sole risk of the user, and Glasfit and its affiliates, suppliers and related companies shall be relieved of all liability in connection therewith.
Limitation of Liability
Glasfit takes no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any claims or statements contained in the documents and related graphics on the Glasfit site. Further, Glasfit makes no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained in documents and related graphics on the Glasfit site for any purpose. All such documents and related graphics are provided without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Glasfit or its suppliers or affiliates be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the service.
If you are dissatisfied with the Glasfit site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of Glasfit in operating the Glasfit site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Glasfit site.
You authorise Glasfit to collect from any party and to retain all relevant information relating to your use of the Glasfit Site, and you hereby authorise any party to provide us with such information.
Third Party Applications
We only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the service to you. We store your name and mobile number to communicate with you via text messages and WhatsApp, and where applicable, the date and location of the fitment. We log all text interactions with you to improve the service, this includes your sender information, the content of the message and the metadata about the message.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Glasfit and its affiliates, suppliers and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to any violation of this Agreement by you or users of your account, or in connection with the use of the Glasfit site or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the Glasfit site or on the Internet by you or users of your account.
Glasfit and other trademarks, logos and icons identifying Glasfit and Glasfit products and services referenced herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Glasfit. All other product and/or brand or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
This Agreement, including any and all documents referenced herein, constitutes the entire agreement between Glasfit and the user pertaining to the subject matter hereof. Glasfit’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provisions or right. If any of the provisions contained in this Agreement were determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the prevailing laws of South Africa.
GLASFIT COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All online consumer competitions featured on the Glasfit digital and social media platforms are owned and run by the Glasfit Group (“Glasfit”).
- The “Competition Period” is defined as commencing from the time and date of the relevant Competition launch announcement post until the Competition close time and date as specified in that launch announcement post.
- Each Competition is as specified on the post relevant to that Competition, as seen on the Glasfit Group Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/Glasfit/
- Competitions are open to all South African citizens and legal residents.
- By entering a Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These rules cannot be modified or superseded except by Glasfit in its reasonable discretion, in a written revision to these rules posted on the Glasfit Group Facebook page or, at its sole discretion, other potential official competition communication methods reasonably determined to reach a majority of potential participants.
How to enter
To enter, participants must post a comment/video/photograph or any other response, as applicable to the Competition, in the comments section of the Competition-related post on the Glasfit Group Facebook page.
Each entrant is limited to submitting 1 comment/video/photograph/response only. In the event that an entrant submits more than 1, Glasfit will disqualify subsequent submissions.
Only entries that comply with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions will qualify, and Glasfit will be the sole judge as to whether an entry is accepted. Glasfit or any of the partners to this Competition will not be held responsible for any unsuccessful entries, and the decision of the judges will be final.
- Glasfit reserves the right to not award a prize and to disqualify entrants perceived as “serial competition entrants” or “professional compers”, ie individuals
- who may work alone for the sole purpose of entering competitions across a range of brand and promotional campaigns, and take part merely to win a prize or
- who are in a network of similar people who use their Facebook profiles for the dominant reason of entering competitions and who may otherwise have little interest or engagement with the Glasfit brand.
- It is an express objective of each Competition to identify and reward South Africans who enthusiastically support the spirit of that Competition’s theme.
- Entrants who have won a Glasfit competition within the past 6 months or are shown to have a Facebook profile(s) or alias(es) and multiple profiles for the sake of entering competitions, may not be short-listed to win.
- Cash prizes: Cash prizes will be paid via EFT into the winner(s) bank account, or that of a nominated recipient should a winner not have a bank account. The prize will be paid within 14 days of the judges’ decision.
- Gift vouchers: Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash, non-transferable and non-refundable. Usage, purchases, delivery charges, etc, are subject to the applicable retailer’s/website’s own regulatory T&C.
- Donations: Where Glasfit has offered to make a donation – cash or goods – to a bona fide (registered charity) nominated by either Glasfit or a winner, this donation will be made within 14 days of the judges’ decision.
- Glasfit reserves the right to substitute any prize for that of equal value.
When and how the winner(s) will be notified
- Entries will be judged and the winner(s) chosen by the Competition judges. Subject to these Competition rules, the judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by direct message to their Facebook account, requesting further contact details.
- The winner(s) will be informed on or about 3 working days after the Competition has ended and announced on the Glasfit Group Facebook page, website and other applicable digital or social media platforms on or about 6 working days after the Competition has ended.
- Glasfit may wish to utilise and publish the names and profiles of the winner(s) at any stage of a Competition. Entrants have the option to request Glasfit not to publish their name in full. In this case, the initials of the entrant(s) will accompany the submitted comment/video/photograph/response(s) if this is/these are reproduced by Glasfit.
- In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so within 48 hours, Glasfit reserves the right to disqualify such winner from that Competition and to select another winner instead.
- Glasfit reserves the right to use winning entries in promotional activities which may include Glasfit social media posts, the Glasfit website and other Glasfit media and communication channels.
General competition terms and conditions
- If a winning entrant is younger than 18, they will require a parent or guardian to attest to the authorship of the entry.
- No Competition is in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- By entering a Competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which together with the official Competition communications from Glasfit, shall govern and apply to all participation and activity arising out of and relating to a Competition.
- These rules cannot be modified or superseded except by Glasfit in its reasonable discretion, in a written revision to these rules posted on the Glasfit Group Facebook page or, at Glasfit’s sole discretion, other potential official Competition communications methods reasonably determined to reach a majority of potential entrants.
- Only entries which comply with the requirements of these terms and conditions will qualify and the judges appointed by Glasfit will be the sole adjudicators of Competition entries.
- Neither Glasfit nor any of its agencies and partners will be responsible for any unsuccessful entries and the decision of the judges will be final.
- No Competition shall be open to Glasfit employees and their family members, nor to the employees and family members of Glasfit’s advertising and promotional agency.
- Entrants to a Competition understand and agree that in order to conduct a Competition, Glasfit will collect the following personal information provided by entrants: name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Such information shall not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purposes of the specific Competition, unless agreed otherwise, or unless disclosure is required by law or court order.
- Entrants expressly grant permission to Glasfit to reproduce their entry/entries for purposes of promoting a Competition and announcing the winning entry/entries, including on the Glasfit website and on the pages of Glasfit’s social media platforms.
- Glasfit reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of a Competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
- By entering a Competition, entrants agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Glasfit, its directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from
- an entrant’s breach of any of the terms contained herein;
- an entrant’s breach of any third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right;
- an entrant’s breach of any laws and regulations in creating, posting and/or subsequently amending their submissions; or
- any claim that any submission caused damage to a third party.
This indemnity shall have no limit in time.