We don’t just fit the best, best – we guarantee it!
What do our guarantees cover? How long do they last? Are they valid throughout South Africa? Here’s everything you need to know.
The Glasfit Guarantee
- All Glasfit fitment centres nationwide offer a 2-year workmanship guarantee on the fitment of all motor glass, provided that it has not subsequently been tampered with which would render the guarantee null and void.
- This guarantee also covers leaks, whistling and wind noises.
- Your original invoice serves as the guarantee – so be sure to retain it as it would be required for any claim you may need to make.
Manufacturer’s product warranty on motor glass
- Shatterprufe® offers a lifetime warranty on bubbling and delamination, and a 3-year quality guarantee against manufacturing defects on Shatterprufe® windscreens.
- Original Equipment glass (agent’s glass from a vehicle dealer) is subject to the guarantee provided by the respective dealer.
- Benson and Fuyao offer a warranty covering delamination and bubbling.
- All warranties ensure that the motor glass is durable, fit for purpose and compliant with vehicle manufacturer specifications.
Please note: A warranty is only valid for the vehicle owner and is not transferrable on sale or transfer of ownership – excludes rust, UV damage, wear and tear.
The Glasfit fitment centre which applies the safety film warrants the product for five years commencing from date of application.
This warranty policy ensures that the automotive film:
- complies with the manufacturer’s specification
- will maintain its properties without crazing, cracking, peeling, blistering, bubbling or delaminating from the glass.
This warranty does not cover fitness for purpose, suitability of product or installation method, compliance with laws and safety considerations, aesthetic properties or defects which are not visible from over 3m in a normal viewing position and under normal light conditions.
The obligation of the Glasfit fitment centre under this warranty is limited to the replacement of the product which does not conform to this warranty, and excludes any liability for consequential loss, indirect damage, loss of use of vehicle and the like as a result of a defect in the product. Proof of purchase is required to substantiate a warranty claim.
All Glasfit fitment centres nationwide offer a 12-month workmanship guarantee on the fitment of all building glass, provided that it has not subsequently been tampered with which would render the guarantee null and void. It guarantees against a faulty installation or a manufacturing defect in the product.
Request the correctly completed guarantee and store it in a safe place. The reference number and the signed guarantee are necessary to validate a claim under the guarantee scheme.
Provided that the SmartGlass® product is installed by Glasfit, we offer a 10-year warranty.