Tracking your journey to enhance your experience.
Because we gather information about the customers on the Glasfit site, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information.
Tracking User Information
Glasfit gathers the following information about our website users
- data provided by users through voluntary registration on our site
- aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site.
This information enables Glasfit to
- better tailor our content to the readers’ needs, and
- help our advertisers better understand the demographics of the Glasfit customer.
Because Glasfit derives a portion of its revenue from advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential in order to keep some of our services free to users.
Glasfit occasionally conducts customer surveys as they aid our marketing department to better target content and product inventory to the Glasfit audience. We do sometimes share the aggregated demographic information from these surveys with our advertisers and partners.
Glasfit tracks user traffic patterns throughout the Glasfit site and this information is correlated with data about individual users. The following data is broken down as follows.
- Overall usage statistics – according to a user’s IP address
- Browser type
- MIME type–information obtained from the browser string
Glasfit also tracks and catalogues the search terms that users enter into our search toolbar. This tracking is never associated with individual users.
Use Of The Information
Glasfit uses information voluntarily given by our site users to enhance their experience of the Glasfit site. This information can be used to
- provide interactive or personalised elements on the site, and
- create content specific to the interests of our users.
Glasfit does occasionally send out special edition newsletters when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. As per privacy laws, each newsletter will have an opt-out/unsubscribe link.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users do and don’t like. Glasfit does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This data helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms to measure what the Glasfit user is interested in. We don’t track which terms a particular user enters. Glasfit creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers and partners. This allows our advertisers to:
- create more effective advertisements, and
- target advertisements specific to Glasfit users’ needs.
Glasfit never shares individual personal information with anyone—an advertiser will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. Glasfit uses this information to tailor our content to
- suit the user’s needs, and
- help our advertisers better understand who the Glasfit consumer is.
Third Party Applications
- We only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the service to you. We store your name and mobile number to communicate with you via text messages and WhatsApp, and where applicable, the date and location of the fitment. We log all text interactions with you to improve the service, this includes your sender information, the content of the message and the metadata about the message.
We do not share information about individual users with any third party, apart from the exceptions noted previously.
How To Contact Us
To contact us via email, click here.