Because we gather information about the customers on the Glasfit site, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information.
Tracking User Information Glasfit gathers of the following information about our website users:
- Data provided by users through voluntary registration on our site
- Aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site.
This information enables Glasfit to:
- Better tailor our content to the readers' needs
- And help our advertisers better understand the demographics of the Glasfit customer.
Because Glasfit derives a portion of its revenue from advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential in order to keep some of our services free to users.
If you have any questions regarding the above statement, please direct them here.
Users are invited to subscribe to Glasfit’s free electronic newsletters. The users email address is then added to our database. Customers can at any point unsubscribe from this mailing list. Instructions on how to unsubscribe is included in every newsletter.
Glasfit occasionally conducts customer surveys as they aid our marketing department to better target content and product inventory to the Glasfit audience. We do sometimes share the aggregated demographic information from these surveys with our advertisers and partners.
User information is, however, never shared with any third party—except as noted previously.
Glasfit tracks user traffic patterns throughout the Glasfit site and this information is correlated with data about individual users.
The following data is broken down:
- Overall usage statistics—according to a user's domain name
- Browser type
- MIME type—information obtained from the browser string.
Glasfit also tracks and catalogues the search terms that customers enter into our search toolbar. This tracking is never associated with individual users.
A cookie is a small data file that websites can write to your hard drive when a user visits their web page. A cookie file contains information such as a user ID which the site uses to track the pages you've visited. A cookie only contains personal information supplied by a user— it can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Use Of The Information
Glasfit uses information voluntarily given by our site users to enhance their experience of the Glasfit site. This information can be used to:
- Provide interactive or personalised elements on the site
- And create content specific to the interests of our users.
Glasfit sends out electronic newsletters regularly, and we create polls and message boards for users to participate in. Glasfit does occasionally send out special edition newsletters when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing.
We use tracking information to determine:
- Which areas of our site users like
- And which areas of our site users don’t like.
Glasfit does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This data helps us continue to build a better service for you.
We track search terms to measure what the Glasfit user is interested in. We don't track which terms a particular user enters.
Glasfit creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers and partners. This allows our advertisers to:
- Create more effective advertisements
- Target advertisements specific to Glasfit users’ needs.
Glasfit never shares individual personal information with anyone—an advertiser will never know that a specific user clicked his or her ad.
Glasfit uses this information to tailor our content to:
- Suit the consumers’ needs
- And help our advertisers better understand who the Glasfit consumer is.
We do not share information about individual users with any third party, with the exceptions noted previously.
Because Glasfit believes in making your experience of our website as user friendly as possible, we give our users the following opt-out choices:
- You need not register for the electronic newsletters when registering as a buyer
- You need not provide certain personal information when registering for a service or as a buyer
- You need not participate in certain interactive areas.
Users may unsubscribe from our electronic newsletters at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of each newsletter.
How To Contact Us
To contact us via email, click here.